After 14 hours of labor, we welcomed Bridger into the world at 12:26 am on August 25, 2011. He weighed 7 lbs 1.4 oz and measured 20 inches long. I really thought my labor would be shorter due to the fact that Connor was a 10 hour labor but because they induced me and the pitocin didn't quite make my contractions strong enough, it seemed to take forever. Bridger made quite an entrance as he coded at the very beginning. His heart rate dropped on the last few pushes and they had to call in a bunch of people. But at 12:30, I finally heard him cry and I knew things would be ok. He is absolutely beautiful and the spirit he has brought with him into our home is amazing.
The minute we arrived home, Connor ran into his room to get a Star Wars book. He could NOT wait to read Bridger a story. I didn't even have a chance to get him out of his carseat. When he finished reading to him, he turned to me and said MOM, he's not even paying attention! (He was totally asleep)
We have had lots and lots of visitors, including big cousin Beckett, and friend Jerica. Both born in May. It's amazing how much a baby grows in just a few months.
8 comments:
CONGRATS!!!!! He's so cute! Love the hair! Scary entrance but glad everything is fine.
Congrats Liz!!!! I just heard the other day he was born, Christine texted me. Now that I don't facebook, don't have your number, it's harder to communicate with you! So excited for you. So glad everything is ok. Love ya!
Congratulations, guys! He really is a cutie - and I love the hair! I love his name too!
So glad he's here! Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby.
congrats! So happy for you guys!!
Congrats! He is beautiful. I am happy that you are doing so well. You deserve it!
He is so cute. And, I don't think potocin really works because it always takes a long time.
Congratulations! He is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys. How fun!
Post a Comment