Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Olsen Reunion 2012
I love my Olsen family! I love all my family, but I feel especially close to my Olsen cousins. I do believe that it's because of the deep rooted traditions that have been going on in that family for a number of years. It's also because I know the most about my Olsen ancestors. Every two years, we get to go to the ranch and become educated on who our ancestors were as well as party and play sports and just visit with extended family members. This year, as in most reunions in the past, we had about 400 people there. I do not know most of them. It's hard because there just isn't enough time to really get to know everyone in just a few days, and a lot of times, I have a hard time remembering names, but I do know faces and it's fun to see them!
This year, George's family was in charge and I think they did a great job! We had the traditional parade, square dancing, modern music dancing (just fast dances people, it is a reunion after all,) patriotic program and family programs. We had a 5k, which was called Nad's Mad Dash. (Nad after my great grandfather, Abinidi) Luke took first and Diana took 3rd. My dad took 1st in his age group! Yay! They also added an outdoor big screen movie theater which was awesome and I absolutely loved the organized softball and kickball tournaments. Our team name was Delon's Destroyers. Delon was my grandpa. We won the softball tourney and got the trophy! (A cow-pie in a mitt) But only two teams entered so it was just one game... lol.
Liam really knows how to "cut a rug." You can't really tell in this picture, but everytime he heard music, his little body would just carry him over to the beat and he loved it!! Livy and Maddi also did an impromptu talent at the talent show. They danced while the crowd sang, "You are my Sunshine."
On Saturday, lot's of people were leaving but we took the opportunity to drive up to Soup Bowl and Pete's Hole to do some fishing and everyone caught at least one fish! Then, later that evening, we got to go in Lane and Jodelle's new ski boat!! I was so excited that I got to slalom because it has been forever since I went... I miss the slalom ski. :)
I hated to leave the ranch to come home, but it had to end somewhere. Every outfit of Connor's was muddy brown, his teeth hadn't been brushed in days and he was turning into a wild Banchee.... gotta love the ranch!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment