We had a GREAT Easter weekend this year. It was so fun to be able to go down to Price/Orangeville and visit family and spend time in the great outdoors and down on the desert. I try to explain to my friends here in the city that at Easter, we go “Easterin.” This is a Carbon/Emery term that doesn’t really need any more explanations. I’m not sure they quite understand how fun it is to go to the desert and spend all day in the sun and usually wind. We eat our lunches with sand in them and bring home pockets full of dirt, and rocks. It usually takes a few days worth of showers to get all the sand out of our ears. We think it’s great. This year, we went to a big sand dune called Mussentuchit. My family and some of Dustin’s family were both able to come so it was perfect. We hiked the dune, rode 4-wheelers, rolled and threw eggs, and had an egg hunt. On the way home, we were able to take pictures next to Butch Cassidy’s name carved into stone. I love the San Rafael Swell. There are so many fun adventures down there which relatively still remain a secret to the Wasatch Front.
The following Monday, we loaded up the kids and headed to Moab so I could share with my boys another of my outdoor loves. Dustin had to go to work so my mom and her friend Sandy helped me out on this adventure. We didn’t hike a lot but what do you expect from a preggy and a 20 month old. We capped off our day with a burger from Ray’s. I call that a pretty great day!
1 comment:
I would also call that a great day. We enjoyed the Eastern Utah desert as well by the dinosaur quarry.
Post a Comment