This summer, we only had two family reunions. The first was the big Stephenson Reunion down in Delta, Utah. (gasp) Everyone asks why we would go there for a reunion. Well, my step mom grew up there and we went back to her roots, if you must know. Anyway, that family is getting huge!!! Porter is the 79th great grandchild and this reunion is now only every 3 years so that people can plan ahead and come. I had a really great time seeing cousins that I haven’t seen in such a long time! My aunt Carol is such a trooper for hosting all of us! We stayed in a hotel but all our meals were eaten at her house. It was awesome! It’s also so amazing to see how big the family is growing.
Our next family reunion was with the Sharp’s. This year Ryan and Kristi were in charge and found a nice “Cabin.” I will use that term loosely since it was way bigger and nicer than any cabin I’ve ever seen! It was located over in Heber. We went for a hike, swam at the Kamas aquatic center, and shopped! It was way fun. I had to leave early to get back to school meetings so I don’t have a family pic but I did take a few of the place we stayed at. The kids really enjoyed the theatre room, game room and hot tub. Somehow, Dustin and I got the master bedroom, which was awesome, and I loved the spacious kitchen! As this family grows, it is becoming harder to find affordable places to fit everyone. So it has been decided that next year’s will be a camping family reunion. I will miss the nice places we have seen, but camping is fun too!
No comments:
Post a Comment