After 4 years out of my kayak, I decided to go on a four day rafting trip down the Gates of Lodore. This is a beautiful section on the Green River. It starts in Northwest Colorado and ends near Vernal. Our group consisted of 24 people. We took 9 rafts, 4 hard shelled kayaks and 1 inflatable kayak. We saw lots of bighorn sheep and even had a skunk join us in camp one night. I kayaked the whole time except some flat water that was boring and only swam one rapid.. Hell's Half Mile. All in all, it was a lot of fun!
Getting all rigged up... this is quite the process but we finally launched around 5:30 pm. Whew!

This is a picture of our camp kitchen on day 2.
Me kayaking "Hell's Half Mile" before I got to "Lucifer Rock" and had to make a wet exit. I was pretty nervous at this point.
1 comment:
I am so jealous!! I told my mom and Dave that they need to invest in rafting equipment.
Post a Comment