Monday, May 4, 2009

Preaching fire and damnation

So it's been a couple of sundays but I need to blog about Connor's first talk in primary.It was hilarious. He was excitedly awaiting his chance to get up and shine. But when he realized he wasn't going to be first, he stood in front of the pulpit and yelled at Jaxson-- (the first boy) by pointing his finger and screaming "you are NOT the teacher, I'm the teacher!" Repeating this many times over. Then, when it was his turn, he pointed his little finger at me and made it clear he didn't want any help. While practically eating the microphone, he heaved a big sigh and then let out a long OOOOOKKAAAAAY...With his lips on the mic, he pointed his finger at the picture of Jesus that I held up and he just preached away to that primary. I'm about 99.9% positive that not even one person in the room understood one word. When I tried to get him to wrap it up, he insisted on doing it again. Shy? We knew he wasn't. Scared? Nope, not at all.

Oh... I must say kudos to his sunbeam teachers... They will be super blessed for teaching this super rambunctious group. Just imagine Connor X 7. Yeah, you get the picture.

6 comments:

tookiecramer said...

I wish I could have seen this - how funny. Totally the opposite of Jacob's first talk in Primary.

Amanda said...

that is hilarious. I will have to tell you what he said in one of the lessons I sat in on, he is so funny. No wonder those two are moving. I might move to Cedar City too if I had to teach that class. Is it Cedar City?

Jenn said...

Wish I could have been there for that one! He's too funny.

Unknown said...

He will make a great missionary one day!:0 It was great to see you. Conner is even cuter in person! Did you get the chick? :)

Julie said...

Soooo funny!

Hopes Family said...

That is so funny it made me laugh out loud. Crazy kids, they make us proud!