Friday, August 7, 2009

Where did the Summer Go?

I am just sitting here wondering where my summer went. Even though school doesn't start until the 17th, I know that starting this Monday, I need to get serious and quit playing so I can get my classroom ready for the upcoming school year. So besides jumping from an airplane and painting my house, here are a few of our other adventures this summer.

We went to a few rodeos. Loved em!


I coached Connor's t-ball team. No comment.


Hunted lizards at Lake Powell and had a blast with our Olsen cousins.


Of course there were some horse rides. Our cattle drive this year was funny because there were literally 2 cowboys for every cow... loved it!


Spent the 4th of July at the ranch with cousins.


Took a fun trip to Bear Lake where the kids played in the sand and puddles that looked like this. This was also our first big trip with our new toy... a waverunner!


We had a family reunion in Fishlake and while we were there, my cousin Amy and I went on a great hike down in Capitol Reef.


Countless trips to the swimming pools and a splash pad in St. George.


Playing at parks...


We had a good time down in St. George with Ali and her boys!


And finally, a trip to Tuachan to see Footloose! We had a blast! I would totally recommend going to this play. It was sooo fun. My only regret was not getting to ride the mechanical bull.


Whew! Now I can see why I didn't have much time to blog! Well, it's been a good summer and it's time to head back to school so that I quit spending all my money. Thanks to everyone who contributed to the good times!

4 comments:

Tyler and Margaret said...

miss you liz!

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Those are such fun pictures. Will you email me your ones from down here? Thanks again for coming and thanks for letting me chat this morning.

KINDER LOVE said...

Nice, thanks for posting such a cute pic of me and my hap hair. Looks like you had a great break!

Amanda said...

It looks like you had a great summer.