Here's the scoop. President Bush, Dick Chaney, and a few senators that we didn't know flew into our small town airport last Thursday to go hunting up on the Hunt Oil property on Tavaputs. I have a good friend who happens to work at the airport and he and his wife mentioned that they were thinking about going out there the day they were set to depart. I thought it would be an awesome opportunity to go too, but I didn't want to get Chris fired because he leaked the "secret" to me. But come Sunday morning, nothing was going to stop me from getting a glimpse.
The scene at the airport was not what I had expected. We drove right up with no security checks. There was one secret service agent that came over and talked to us but that was it. No crowds, no checking our bags, nothing!
When the moment finally arrived, four very nice Suburbans came driving up the road and straight out toward the plane... all of a sudden, they stopped, made a U-turn and headed straight for us at the hangar. My heart was thumping! President Bush got out and walked right over to us, shook our hands and took some pictures with us. He shook Connor's hand and Connor looked him right in the eye and told him his name. I was so proud of him but I'm sooo mad that I didn't get that picture! I was still in such shock that we were standing there with the President that my brain stopped working for a bit.
By the time I came to, he was walking away. I realized then that I was curious if they had "gotten anything." I asked someone from the group that he hunted with but they were content to plead the fifth so I guess we'll never know.
On Monday, the local paper called and asked permission to use the picture I posted on my FB page that someone (I won't mention any names, Aimee) sent to them. Then today, the Salt Lake Tribune emailed me wondering if it was me who was in the paper. I guess he had googled my name.... (scary!) Anyway... I feel like a celebrity. We'll see what tomorrow's paper brings.
Ok... no more talking... On to the pictures!
12 comments:
How crazy is that. When I read the post title-- I would have never thought you really met the Pres.
I think that is so awesome! Definitely a memorable experience.
That's awesome. I told that story to the people in my office and they all want to tell you how jealous they are.
I heard the rumor that he was out here, and I was keeping my eyes peeled for him, but no luck. What a wonderful experience for you and Connor. I'm jealous. Great pics!
what a great experience. Maybe tomorrow will be tabloids. Here's hoping.
Word on the street is that he shot and missed twice, went home empty handed. They also spent a day chopping fire wood. I guess he loves chopping wood. They also loaded the wood into a Suburban. There were trucks, but the wood went into the Suburban.
Holy Moly! You must be doing something right! That's awesome.....comparable only to something like say...a state championship???
well that is pretty cool i have to say! and tell ashley
oops i forgot to finish my thought. tell ashley thanks for letting me know!
That is too cool! I would definitely never forget that one! I am impressed with Connor too.
Y'all ever rent out that horse? I could use it for a Annual A Tale to Remember hoof and hoot down mane event up at the Krogers for Halloween.
What a great experience . . . and better yet, you had the pictures to prove it!!! We just had to share it with the world!!!
Post a Comment