Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween!

Halloween is so fun. Pumpkin carving, halloween crafts, candy, costumes, decorating, messy classrooms, sugar high temper tantrums, 31 wild 11 year olds sneaking candy in their pockets for the next 2 months, fighting a 3 old at 7 in the morning because he wants some candy.... ugh! I'm glad it's over!

This year, Connor was Darth Vadar and I was Princess Leia. Yes, reversed roles, as a friend of mine pointed out! I didn't actually put the entire outfit on because I think I need to lose a gazillion lbs for that but I figured everyone would know who I was by the wig and special Star Wars Belt, I mean, who could mistake those buns? Apparently, I was wrong!

Student: "What are you Ms. Cunningham?" "A ram?"
Me: "NO! Does a ram wear a belt?"

It was about then that I realized Star Wars may be a little out dated for these kids.... but it made for a great laugh!

6 comments:

Tyler and Margaret said...

Yeah! I was hoping you would write about Halloween!

Amber said...

Your little guy is so cute!

Jenn said...

Hilarious! You always had great Halloween hair. :)

(Love the picture of Conner on the horse.)

tookiecramer said...

That is so funny. You do look a little ram-ish in that picture.

Amanda said...

Darth Vadar and Leia were also sorta enemies for a while. I feel like that someday with my kids, they might be out to destroy me.

Tyler said...

A Ram? I actually started cracking up right here in the library when I read that.