Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Brave Boy

Today was a sweet day at church. Not everyone who reads this blog will understand, but I wanted to write about it so I will remember. During sacrament meeting,Connor wanted to be the first to bare his testimony. He was ready to go up as soon as the sacrament was over and I knew I really couldn't hold him back. I quickly rehearsed a few things he could say and he left the pew very confidently and headed up to the pulpit. However, when he got there, he seemed to be hit with a little stage fright and immediatly started calling us up (in the microphone, and motioning to us with his hands). Well, what do you do? Luckily, Dustin was on the end of the bench, so he took it and went to Connor's rescue. He gave a beautiful testimony then jumped into Dustin's arms at the end. It melted my heart and apparently many of those around us.

He is such a great kid. He loves primary and is learning so much. I'm so grateful for his teachers (and their patience.) Someday I hope to be as brave as he is. :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

You should just have Dustin go up with you and then jump into his arms at the end. :D
That is a sweet story-- it melted my heart too.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

That is so awesome. I am so happy for you.