Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Easter Traditions
We have a bunch of fun Easter traditions. I love being at the ranch for Easter even though sometimes it's cold. (Horizontal blowing snow this year) Luckily, Saturday turned out to be the perfect day to be outside. We were joined by Mike and Jodi's family, Ryan and Kristi's family, Tessa and Tori, Vicki and Allan, my dad and Luke and Diana.
On Friday, when it was super cold, we stayed inside and colored eggs. I added up about 90 eggs that we colored and seriously, the kids were done in less than 20 minutes. HELLO!! Well, the girls took a little more pride in their eggs but those boys just burned right through them!
Saturday morning we hid 180 plastic eggs filled with candy so each child had 18 eggs to find! Pretty decent...
(What a happy bunch of spectators)
Later that afternoon, Tyler and Luke took charge of building the "egg roll." This is one of my favorite Easter traditions. We had tunnels and bridges and the finish line was a toilet seat. I loved it! At the end, all eggs were broken up and thrown at others or used for target practice.
I love the looks on their faces as they let their egg fly! Who's will win??
Of course, going to the ranch is not complete without BB guns. I was worried all weekend that one of the boys would get shot in the eye. Turns out, one of the girls took a BB in the knee. It was accidental but it scares me to think about it.
All in all, it was a great week off. Now, 36 more days of school.... but who's counting?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like SO much fun!!
Post a Comment